The Shotgun is a powerful weapon in the 2002 video game The Thing that can push an enemy back. Deadly at close range but very inaccurate at long range, it has medium accuracy when used in motion. Giving a shotgun to a squad member will cause a medium Courage and Trust boost. Blake can't carry more than 9 magazines, which hold 12 rounds each.
The Shotgun appears to be a gas-operated, rotating bolt, 12 gauge semi-automatic combat shotgun, with a 12-round magazine capacity, a folding telescoping stock and a finish in inox. It appears to incorporate elements from semi-automatic combat shotguns such as the Benelli M4 Super 90.
- Norwegian Research Center - Under boxes in the Sleeping Quarters in the area where you encounter the third Walker.
- Norwegian Medical Center - In the ammo room on desk.
- Pyron Sub Facility - Found in ammo room to your right when you start. Price has to fix the door controls for you to get in.
- Strata Medical Laboratory - In weapons closet in the big room to the left and down a hall from the start.
- Strata Furnace - In the second smaller garage branching off of the big garage with Guy in it. Becomes accessible after you beat the boss.
- Transit Hangar - In the cold room adjacent to the room where you find Powell.
- Weapon Security - On the ground next to the first wall gun you encounter.
- Weapon Security - On rack in the Guard Room.