The Pistol is the most accurate of all the weapons in the 2002 video game The Thing. It fires rapidly and is good against small enemies. Giving a pistol to a teammate will cause a small Trust gain. Blake can't carry more than 9 magazines, which hold 20 rounds each.
- U.S. Outpost 31 - After you walk in the building right in front of you at the start of the level you will turn left and go into a large room, adjacent to that room is a small room with a computer in it. The Pistol is on the desk in that room. Note that there will be an explosion in the room when the door is opened.
- Norwegian Outpost: North - To your right at the start of the level on a corpse.
- Weather Station - Continue down the hall where Pace bursts out, and there it is on a corpse.
- Weather Station - Found on Pierce after he commits suicide.
- Pyron Sub Facility - On the Unnamed Medic, in the hydraulic override switch room.
- Strata Medical Laboratory - Found in the armory.
- Weapon Security - On corpse in the ventilation shaft at he top of the ramps.
- Weapon Security - On the desk in the Guard Room with the save terminal in it.
- Weapon Security - In another Guard Room you encounter after the one with a save terminal, on a rack.
- Weapons Laboratory - On the desk in the room with a save terminal.
- Weapons Laboratory - At the firing range booths.